We at GSS Gas Sales & Service Ltd, known as GSS, are a company incorporated in England and Wales. Our company number is 10218359 and our registered address is 61 Station Road, Sudbury, Suffolk, England, CO10 2SP.
GSS is committed to ensuring that your data privacy is protected. We will comply with the General Data Protection Regulations unless and until the GDPR is no longer directly applicable in the UK, together with any national implementing laws, regulations and legislation as amended or updated from time to time in the UK, and any successor legislation. We are the data controller of data you pass to us pursuant to this policy. The person responsible for data protection is: Adrian Haycock firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information does GSS hold and how will we use it?
Information you give GSS: You may give us information about you by completing purchases on our website or by requesting via the website that we send you products using an enquiry form, or by applying for or enquiring about employment with us or becoming a stockist. The information you give us may include your name, email address, address/location and phone number, the type of product or service you are looking for.
We will retain this information while we are corresponding with you or providing services to you or to a customer you represent. We will retain this information for eight years beyond the end of your contract with us or six years beyond the end of your contract of employment, as applicable. If you do not enter into a contract of employment or service delivery we will retain this information for one year, we do this to allow us to review admission and employment decisions in the event of a complaint or repeat contact.
Information GSS collects about you:
GSS may collect the following information from you when you visit the website:
- Technical information, including the IP (Internet protocol) address used to connect your device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser type and versions, operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit, including the full URL, your path to, through and from the website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, website errors, length of visits, page interaction information, methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us. We retain this information for 26 months.
Information we receive from other sources:
This includes information we receive about you when you use other websites operated by us or other services we provide. This information may include your name, email address, postal address and phone number. We will retain this information for one year.
Use of the Information
GSS may use the information we receive and/or collect about you to:
Fulfil our obligations under any contract we have entered into with you or with a customer you represent, and to provide you or the relevant customer with information or services you or the customer has requested
Send you newsletters and marketing information if you have consented to us doing so
Notify you of products and services we feel may interest you, or permit third parties to do so if you have provided the appropriate consent
Monitor website usage and provide statistics to third parties for the purposes of improving and developing the website and the services we provide via the website
GSS processes personal information for certain legitimate business purposes, which include some or all the following:
- Where the processing enables GSS to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve the website, its services or communications
- To identify and prevent fraud
- To enhance the security of the GSS network and information systems
- To better understand how people interact with the GSS websites
- To administer the website and carry out data analysis, troubleshooting and testing; and
- To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising
- If we obtain consent from you to do so, we may provide your personal details to third parties so that they can contact you directly in respect of services in which you may be interested.
Where we are processing personal data we have obtained via the website on the basis of having obtained consent from you, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. If you would like to withdraw your consent or prefer not to receive any of the above-mentioned information (or if you only want to receive certain information from us) please let us know by contacting us via the following webpage Contact us. Please bear in mind that if you object, this may affect our ability to carry out the tasks above for your benefit.
If you wish to have your information removed from our database or if you do not want us to contact you for marketing purposes, please let us know by clicking the “Unsubscribe” option in any email we send to you and providing the details requested or by contacting us via the following webpage: Contact us. and we will take steps to ensure that this information is deleted as soon as reasonably practicable.
We will not share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us (other than as set out in this policy) without your prior consent, unless required to do so by law.
Third Party Sites
How Safe is your Information?
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Protecting your security and privacy is important to us and we make every effort to secure your information and maintain your confidentiality in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Legislation. The website is protected by various levels of security technology, which are designed to protect your information from any unauthorised or unlawful access, processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
We will do our best to protect your personal data but the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Any such transmission is therefore at your own risk.
Disclosure of your Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter with them or you
Third parties who may wish to contact you in respect of services or products they offer or sell which may be of interest to you, provided we receive your consent to such disclosure; and/or advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the website
Please note we may need to disclose your personal information where we:
- To sell any or all our business or assets or we buy another business or assets in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer or seller
- Are under a legal duty to comply with any legal obligation or to enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or
- Need to disclose it to protect our rights, property or the safety of our customers or others, including the exchange of information with other companies, organisations and/or governmental bodies for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
- We may transfer your data outside of the EEA. If we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission; or
Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
Where we use providers based in the United States, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the EU-US Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Your Rights in Respect of your Data
If any of the information you provide to us via the website changes, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can make the necessary changes to the information we hold for you on our database. If you wish to make any changes to your information, please contact us via our main contact form
If you wish to access or rectify the information we hold about you, or request that such information be transmitted directly to another data controller, please contact us via this form. We shall process your request to access your information within one month of receipt, or we’ll let you know within that time frame if we need more information from you. We will process your request free of charge.
To request that your information is deleted or if you wish to restrict or object to the processing of your information, use this online request form – this may impact on our ability to continue serving you as a customer.
If you have any complaints about our use of your personal data, please contact us. You also have the right to complain to the relevant supervisory authority in your jurisdiction. In the UK, the supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office. Contact details for the ICO can be found at https://ico.org.uk/.